The Montana/Dakotas BLM is seeking a dynamic and energetic individual to join the team serving as an Administrative Officer in the Montana State Office, Division of Support Services. This position is located in Billings, Montana. Information about the Billings area can be found at: Billings Chamber of Commerce.Learn more about this agency
We expect to fill one vacancy at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
- This position serves as the Branch Chief of the Branch of Business and Fiscal Services responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating the business management and support activities.
- The incumbent is responsible for performing a variety of duties including, but not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for a major portion of the administrative workload and responsibility of day-to-day financial and administrative matters.
- Prepares and presents briefings; composes presentation drafts, for a variety of administrative activities. Develops policies and procedures for all office and administrative functions.
- Responsible for control of recurring reports and portions of reports, as well as feeder reports, to other elements of the district and division.
- Collects and compiles statistical and progress data in connection with management, operating budget, or other studies.
- Advise managers of changes in administrative regulations and policies by higher authority, which affect the operation of the division.
- Provides coordination in formulating and recommending general policies and procedures to accomplish result required by higher authority. Identifies critical issues early for timely and effective action to be taken.
- Gathers data concerning problem areas; reviews documents, files, and reports; developing spreadsheets.
- Serves as liaison and coordinates all aspects of the division's personnel actions with the servicing personnel office.
- Provides oversight and management on training and travel budgets, manpower usage and predictions, and reports.
Occasional travel - Travel is required to attend trainings, conferences, workshops, and field visits.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592994900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.