WHAT IS THE LARGE BUSINESS AND INTERNATIONAL (LB&I) DIVISION? The Large Business and International (LB&I) Division provides service and enforcement activities to support tax compliance of businesses and related entities with assets of $10 million or more, as well as small U.S. businesses engaged in international, U.S. citizens abroad, and foreign persons and businesses with a U.S. tax requirement.
See Other Information for LocationsLearn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A SENIOR INTERNAL REVENUE AGENT DO? As a Sr Revenue Agent, you will plan, conduct, and lead compliance activities on complex business entities. Initiate, plan, control, and execute studies and projects on tax compliance, such as campaigns. Serve as coach/mentor and collaborate with other experts, revenue agents, counsel, appeals, management, and industry to ensure emerging or strategic issues are identified and addressed. Provide guidance and review work projects involving emerging issues, areas of non-compliance and other work related to tax administration.
As a Senior Revenue Agent, you will:
- Maintain expertise through continuous learning activities needed to facilitate and coordinate the identification, development, and resolution of issues during examinations.
- Serve as an expert on technical issues on the identification, risk assessment, development, and resolution of tax issues during examinations. Develop technical content, and other resources to share knowledge, expand technical expertise, and ensure consistency.
- Participate in project assignments, solve problems, identify actionable events, meet milestones, deadlines and time frames for completion.
- Prepare, present, communicate, and collaborate with appropriate internal and external stakeholders on technical guidance and new approaches to emerging or existing issues.
- Ensure that the organization’s strategic plan, mission, vision, and values are communicated and integrated into the Practice Area and LB&I goals, work products, and services.
- Make recommendations for development of new tax laws affecting technical issues and ensure emerging or strategic issues are identified from all potential sources and effectively escalated.
- Provide advice and guidance to examiners and respond to requests for information, including answering inquiries in a prompt and responsive manner, following up with guidance provided, and collaborating with others.
- Monitor applicable team members and report on the status and progress of examinations and other work; review work in progress and completed work to ensure that the guidance and instructions on work priorities, methods, deadlines and quality have been met
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - Travel may be required 1 to 5 nights per month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592971000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.