This is a shared position between the Tahoe and Eldorado National Forests, located in either Nevada City, CA or Placerville, CA. To be considered for either location you must select the locations at the time of application.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as a Vegetation & Timber Program leader responsible for management, planning and oversight of all aspects of the timber and silviculture programs on the Forests.
For additional information contact David Fournier, firstname.lastname@example.org, 530-478-6238
- Coordinate budget allocation and preparation of budget reporting activities in respect to appropriated and trust fund accounts.
- Prepare timber budget briefings to management to allow for informed decision making.
- Provide leadership for the timber sale planning/preparation and silviculture programs to meet initiatives in accordance with policy guidelines.
- Provide program direction in the development of prescriptions and integrated resource plans for treatment of vegetation in support of natural resource management initiatives.
- Prepare and review environmental analysis reports and environmental impact statements in accordance with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) standards.
- Draft local policy and technical standards for timber marking, contract package preparation, reforestation, and timber stand improvement programs in accordance with guidelines.
- Coordinate the implementation of corporate national timber management databases to ensure accurate data is provided for upward reporting and analysis.
Occasional travel - You may occasionally be expected to travel for meetings and training.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592964700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.