What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
- $64,009 (Step 01) to $83,210 (Step 10)
Open to current or former Federal employees: USGS-RES-11035835-ST-IB
Learn more about this agency
As a Hydrologist within the Dakota Water Service Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Collect hydrologic data including stage records for streams, lakes, and wells.
- Apply analytical and hydrologic techniques in the compilation, analysis, and interpretation of hydrologic data.
- Plan and develop project proposals and conduct hydrologic studies including, but not limited to measuring flood peaks.
- Compile, compute, and analyze hydrologic data and prepare reports or portions of reports of findings for interpretive studies summarizing the results of hydrologic investigations including maps, charts, and graphs.
- Communicate and deliver scientific findings and conclusions to a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences in an effort to develop project program.
- Operate a government motor vehicle as an incidental driver.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
Field work work may involve periods of walking, bending, climbing, or driving motor vehicles to worksites. The work may also involve some overnight travel for training, meetings, and site visits.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel 5 to 10 nights per month for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592957100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.