Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
WHAT IS THE Small Business/Self-Employed Division (SB/SE) DIVISION? Approximately 57 million taxpayers, 41 million self-employed persons, 9 million small businesses with assets of less than $10 million and 7 million filers of employment, excise, estate and gift returns fall under the SB/SE category. As an IRS representative serving this group, you'll educate and inform these citizens of their tax obligations, develop educational products and services and help them understand and comply with applicable laws. Through collection, compliance services campus operations, examination, specialty taxes or communications, liaison and disclosure, you'll help to address the underreporting, underpayment and non-filing tax gaps.
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees
- Evaluates work performance of subordinates and makes recommendations for outstanding performance recognition or disciplinary action.
- Gives advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on both works and administrative matters.
- Interviews candidates for positions in the unit; recommends appointment, promotion, or reassignment to such positions.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
None - 8
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592937300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.