Located in the Department of Energy, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE), Environment, Safety and Health Office (ESHO), Golden Colorado Field office providing oversight in environmental compliance.Learn more about this agency
As a Physical Scientist, you will:
- Serve as a recognized technical expert in the areas of (a) environmental management systems, (b) ecological monitoring and compliance, (c) cultural resources management, (d) drinking water protection, (e) air quality protection, (f) surface water quality protection, (g) groundwater quality protection, (h) wastewater discharges, (i) hazardous waste management and minimization, and (j) hazardous materials.
- Develop written plans and schedules for oversight considering program performance, maturity, and overall risk.
- Document and analyze data to assess contractor programs identifying trends and compliance issues and making recommendation for correction; recommending contractor performance expectations and providing evaluation input.
- Provides subject matter expertise in chemistry, hazardous materials, and hazardous waste in the design of test scenarios.
- Manage and service permits held by the contractor ensuring they are implemented and current.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592928500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.