About the Position: Incumbent will serve as a biological staff specialist in the Chicago District environmental planning program with responsibility for handling current and projected major environmental studies in the Great Lakes and Mississippi River basins.Learn more about this agency
- Prepare documents concerning the impact of actions on the environment.
- Prepare detailed statements of work for environmental studies.
- Participate in meetings, conferences, and hearings with various international, Federal, State, and local agencies.
- Conduct in-depth studies involving the review, analysis, and coordination of environmental data, dealing primarily with various aspects of terrestrial and aquatic biology.
- Participate, as biological staff specialist, in environmental planning program, optimizing restoration, protection, public use, recreation, and conservation of the Mississippi River and Great Lakes Basins.
- Coordinate with other state and federal agencies to ensure compliance with applicable guidelines.
- Perform professional and scientific evaluation and field work including analysis, evaluation and monitoring of habitats.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592923800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.