This position is being announced under FEMA's Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as an Information Technology Specialist performing work that involves the planning and delivery of customer support services, including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, and/or training, in response to customer requirements.
Typical assignments include:
- Recognized as a qualified support technician with a full range of knowledge, and skill in applying customer service and customer support principles and methods; analytical reasoning; and acquisition management policies enough to provide advice and guidance on a wide range and variety of complex IT issues.
- The work consists of various duties that involve applying a series of different and unrelated processes and methods. The incumbent decides what needs to be done based on analysis of the IT problems and issues related to the assignments; and selects appropriate courses of action from other acceptable alternatives. The incumbent should exercises good judgment to recognize and apply appropriate IT activity.
- Resolving complex customer related software and hardware problems.
- Identifying problems and working with network specialists, applications developers, system administrators, and security specialists to prevent recurring problems.
- Analyzing network, peripheral, software, and hardware compatibilities associated with desktop/Laptops.
- Coordinating the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and fine-tuning of the LAN including all hardware, software, telecommunications, and networking components.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Promotion Potential: Positions filled under Stafford Act regulations generally do not have documented promotion potential; however, dependent on an employee’s ability to perform higher level duties, the continuing need for an employee to perform work associated with a higher level position, and administrative recommendation and approval, promotions may be earned by CORE employees.
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592879100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.