The United States Marshals Service is the nation's oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Business Management Office, Office of the Assistant Director for Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System (JPATS) in Kansas City, MO.
The incumbent serves as an Accountant responsible for analyzing and interpreting JPATS accounting data; performing period-end closing analysis, actions and reporting; assisting in the development of JPATS accounting policies and guideline; providing accounting and financial management advice; completing routine accounting transactions, etc.
Duties also include but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as an Accountant responsible for analyzing and interpreting JPATS accounting data.
- Interprets regulatory guidance to determine the effects on JPATS accounting functions.
- Provides accounting and financial management advice and assistance to JPATS staff and management.
- Formats new reports in order to provide JPATS management with required information.
- Ensures that JPATS funds are efficiently controlled and that fiduciary reports accurately reflect the results of financial operations.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592874900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.