This position is located in the Office of the Chief Information Officer, Security, Policy & Governance Division. This team institutionalizes IT security processes and standards by promoting sound business and IT decisions. Helps the agency appropriately plan for and execute policy, process, acquisition, and technological decisions that reduce risks.Learn more about this agency
The Information Technology Specialist(Information Security) performs the following major duties:
- Ensure that cybersecurity-enabled products or other compensating security control technologies reduce identified risk to an acceptable level.
- Implement specific cybersecurity countermeasures for systems and/or applications.
- Perform cybersecurity testing of developed applications and/or systems.
- Provide cybersecurity guidance to leadership.
- Provides cybersecurity recommendations to leadership based on significant threats and vulnerabilities.
- Develop specific cybersecurity countermeasures and risk mitigation strategies for systems and/or applications.
- Incorporate cybersecurity vulnerability solutions into system designs (e.g., Cybersecurity Vulnerability Alerts).
NOTE: The duties listed are reflective of the higher graded position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592861500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.