This position is located in the Office of Contracting and Personal Property Management (OCon&PPM), Smithsonian Institution (SI) in Arlington, VA. The employee serves a Contract Specialist responsible for all elements of assigned complex procurement projects.Learn more about this agency
- Performs contract planning, negotiation, awarding, administration and close-out for all assigned projects.
- Serves as a team member coordinating a wide variety of contractors, each having unique functions relating to assigned projects.
- Assists personnel in identifying items and services for contracting, components, equipment, and services to be acquired by contract.
- Prepares and maintains current acquisition plans, appropriate milestone charts, and related schedules and procurement files.
- Prepares all necessary contract documents, assuring the inclusion of provisions required by law, regulation and policy, and drafts original special clauses as needed.
- Develops and maintains systems to evaluate and monitor contractual performance related to delivery, cost, amounts of progress or advance payments, etc.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592858700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.