Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
These positions are located in Pocatello and Salmon Idaho. Information about these locations and the surrounding area can be found at Pocatello, Salmon.
This temporary seasonal job announcement is designed to collect applicant's names for potential seasonal hiring throughout the Bureau of Land Management, Idaho. There are no specific vacant positions waiting to be filled.
We expect to fill few vacancies.
- Assists in collecting forest inventory data, timber cruises, timber sales, timber markings in forest development projects, road layout projects, and other work.
- Assists in inspecting cutover areas on current sales for compliance with the terms of timber sales contracts.
- Computes tree summaries, applies applicable volume tables, and computes the net volumes.
- Compiles maps of forest and woodland areas, cutover areas, burned areas, and special use areas.
- Marks timber in accordance with simple merchantability specifications and marking rules.
- Assists in investigating suspected timber trespass cases including locating and identifying trespass sites, quantities, etc.
- Examines timber stands to determine need for, or thoroughness of, insect and disease control work.
- Performs emergency fire suppression and other duties as qualified and assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592857700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.