This position is located in the Office of the Chief Information Officer. This position is responsible for the technical and process direction of the Security Operations Center, providing direction to its analysts and acting as a liaison to other teams on behalf of the SOC team.Learn more about this agency
The Information Technology Specialist (Information Security) performs the following major duties:
- Providing expert analysis, guidance and reporting on the application of security controls.
- Consolidate and analyze data and devise and conduct assessment programs to identify areas of risk.
- In coordination with teams within OCIO, develop and execute strategic plans that increase the effectiveness and cost of the Security Operations in alignment with mission and business unit objectives.
- Ensure that information security architecture is considered and integrated with changes to the enterprise architecture.
- Develop and/or implement metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of existing cybersecurity programs and processes. Identify new processes, techniques, and procedures to monitor and assess security controls.
- Provide technical expertise to the design, development, and implementation of information security policies, procedures, and metrics.
- Conduct forensic analysis in support of investigations and inquiries authorized by Office of General Counsel or Office of the Inspector General.
- As necessary, shares knowledge with external entities including law enforcement, intelligence and other government organizations and agencies.
NOTE: The duties described are reflective of the higher graded position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592850200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.