The Primary Care Staff Physician has responsibility for providing primary care to a defined panel of primary care patients and will provide direct patient care full time and work as a member of a patient aligned care team (PACT) comprised of a nurse care manager (R.N.), a clinical associate (Licensed Practical Nurse or Medical Assistant), and an administrative assistant to provide care for a population of veterans.Learn more about this agency
The duties and responsibilities of the primary care physician include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides primary care to a defined panel of primary care patients.
- Member of patient aligned care team (PACT)
- Practices as an independent provider, may be assigned to outpatient clinics within the catchment area of VAPORHCS (Veterans Affairs Portland Health Care System).
- Uses direct face-to-face visits, telephone visits, and veteran video connect visits (VVC).
- Contributes to the achievement of quality of care standards, efficiency, process improvement and patient satisfaction within the Primary Care Division.
- Practices in accordance with professional standards, core values, and with a commitment to service excellence.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
EDRP: This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this position you must meet specific individual eligibility requirement and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592804500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.