This announcement is non-bargaining and may close early once an adequate pool of 50 eligible applicants is reached.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
803 - Product Support Manager
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Wednesday - Saturday, 10:30 pm - 9:00 am
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: May be available with supervisor approval.
Telework: May be available with supervisor approval.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: Lead IT Specialist/ PD10053A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required.
Physical Requirements: The incumbent may encounter resistance due to competition for scarce resources, organizational conflict and/or philosophical difference. Work is primarily sedentary in nature.The incumbent will serve as a Lead Information Technology (IT) Specialist with duties associated with one or more IT specialty in areas required to support the Office of Information & Technology (OIT), IT Operations & Service (ITOPS), IT Service Operations (SO), Enterprise Command Operations (ECO), Enterprise Command Center (ECC). The ECC requires working with customers to resolve change control/permission and configuration process management issues, monitors impactful events and other service event management requirements.
The ECC provides 24/7 coverage throughout the calendar year. The incumbent must comply with stated Tour of Duty (shift) requirements for this position within the 24/7/365 work center.
- Provides oversight of enterprise level monitoring with the goal of identifying and mitigating ongoing or active events to minimize or prevent service events from becoming incidents.
- Oversees and monitors adherence to established policies and controls implemented to assist other service lines.
- Provides team leadership in the engagement of enterprise monitoring systems.
- Aids Enterprise Infrastructure Operations (IO) Divisions and End Users Operations (EUO) service areas in the detection and remediation of network, systems, applications and database events.
- Assists IO and EUO operations with maintenance, upgrades, and revisions to the network, systems application and databases.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 5% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592803800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.