About the Position:Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Army Engineer Institute for Water Resources (IWR) was formed to provide forward-looking analysis and research in developing planning methodologies to aid the Civil Works program. IWR is a field operating activity under the supervision of the Director for Civil Works, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE).
- Apply expert knowledge of management concepts, principles, and practices as well as extensive knowledge of the methods, practices, and processes of the technical disciplines.
- You will serve under the direction of the Director, Water Resource Center (WRC), Office of the Institute for Water Resources (IWR), who provides broad guidance concerning the mission, function, responsibilities, goals, and objectives of the group.
- Work in collaboration with the Director, senior team leaders, and other group managers in setting the overall direction and managing the Water Resource Center's (WRC) broad range of water resources missions and programs.
- You will serve on the WRC Quarterly Program Review (QRB) and Project Review Boards (PRB), which provide oversight of the development and execution of the policies, plans, and programs within the framework of existing legislation.
- Serve as a technical authority in water resources engineering, scientific, socio-economic and analytical planning to support missions.
- Apply corporate program controls on manpower and funding resources to ensure that both assigned group and concurrent programs and discrete projects meet established objectives.
- Ensure mentoring of employees both in assigned group and within own technical purview, and collaborate with peer group managers and team leaders to recommend training and developmental opportunities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592795000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.