In this position, you will serve as an Agricultural Marketing Specialist in the Contract Services Section with responsibility for carrying out assignments and other general work related to the Operational Rations inspection program, other services for DoD, and other functions of the Section.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates with the Department of Defense (DOD) and other AMS Programs implementing inspection programs for DOD operational rations, and vendors supplying food items for the military feeding programs.
- Serves as a subject matter expert assisting DOD contracting officers with technical specification and standards for military food purchases.
- Conducts reviews of food items in the OR Program and other DoD procurement for compliance to specifications.
- Promotes inspection and audit-based services for DoD rations programs and evaluates recommendations for assuring the quality of food items.
- Assists in the coordination of audit-based services for DOD.
- Compiles and analyzes data to assess acceptance/rejection rates and determine if they are statistically sound.
- Writes/prepares comprehensive reports and presentations dealing with inspection results.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592781300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.