United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing Service, Dairy Programs Federal Milk Market Administrator falls under the Excepted Service.Learn more about this agency
This position will be filled in the 1312 Laboratory Technician series.
As the Laboratory Technician in this position, you will:
- Perform routine analyses of milk and fluid mild products for fat, true protein, total solids, lactose, milk urea nitrogen, freezing point depression, and somatic cell counts in the laboratory using analytical wet chemistry, flow cytometry, and infrared spectroscopy methods.
- Perform routine laboratory tasks necessary for the preparation and shipment of control milk standards used for checking the accuracy of infrared milk analyzers.
- Visit farms, dairy plants, and stores to obtain supplies of milk.
- Conduct routine on-site evaluations of test procedures used by dairy industry laboratories.
- Prepare laboratory reports based on test results and observations.
- Maintain all documents in the quality management system.
- Maintain orderly and safe laboratory environment.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592755900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.