THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a TOOLS AND PARTS ATTENDANT (T32), Position Description Number D0918000 and is part of theLearn more about this agency
AL AASF 1, National Guard.
ORANIZATION: AASF #1, HOPE HULL, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: CPT T. NELSON
AREA OF CONSIDERATION FOR ALABAMA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD POSITION:
AREA 1: All permanent Alabama Army National Guard civilian excepted technicians currently employed.
AREA 2: All drill status/M-day personnel in the Alabama Army National Guard.
AREA 3: All U.S. citizens or individuals eligible for membership in the Alabama Army National Guard.
(1) Identifies user's tools, parts and equipment requirements and requisitions stock as needed. Watches and reports items that are in short supply because of breakage or are in need of repair. Recommends possible substitute or interchangeable items. Sets up, shifts and maintains storage locations. Compiles records concerned with quantity, cost, and type of material received, stored, and issued for a particular job.
(2) Prepares periodic inventory and determines the basis for over, short, or misplaced items by checking such references as out-for-repair, issue, and turn-in records. Compiles reports on adjustments of inventory, stock records, spoilage, damage, location changes, and refusal of shipment.
(3) Ensures that tools and equipment are maintained in good condition by performing visual and operating checks. May make minor repairs to tools and equipment, determine when damaged items are too costly to repair, and reports damaged or worn out equipment to superiors.
(4) Determines stock replenishment levels for centrally controlled supplies within funding limitations. Assures that supplies and monies are not wasted through excess accumulation and that items are on hand in sufficient quantities and at the time required. In addition to established guides and formulas, determines quantities required and timely stock replenishment.
(5) Receives a wide variety of supplies and specialized items requiring special handling. Ensures that received items are properly stored in assigned locations. Reviews requisitions for completeness and compliance with regulations and revises quantities ordered based on number on hand.
(6) Searches for identifying or management data on items of supply. Compares data listed on documents with reference sources such as federal catalogs, stock lists, or other publications. Receives requests needing additional information and compares with reference sources. Searches for stock number, prices, descriptions, and sources of supply. Traces part number or type number to identify equipment/item manufacturer.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE SEE HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592744600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.