This position is a Realty Specialist, GS- 1170-9/11 working in Hadley, Massachusetts for the R5-Division of Realty.Learn more about this agency
This position is also open to the public under announcement R5-21-11035205-AR-DE. You must apply to each announcement separately if you wish to be considered under both recruitment methods.
As a Realty Specialist your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Acquires real property interests in order to protect fish, wildlife, and their habitats. Real property interests are acquired through donations, easements, exchanges, deed restrictions, leases cooperative efforts, and fee acquisitions.
- Participates on Comprehensive Conservation Planning (CCP) teams to identify opportunities that support regional landscape conservation efforts and the real estate interests deemed necessary to accomplish the mission of the Service.
- Provides information and guidance on formulation of land acquisition standards for landscape conservation identifying property needs and analyzing alternative strategies, as well as ensuring sufficient right-of-way and/or access and integrates these strategies into the final cohesive acquisition request.
- Prepares realty documents and acquisition agreements to include, but not limited to, exchange agreements, donations, leases, and easements. Administers contracts with title companies and abstractors to meet title curative requirements.
- Resolves issues with potential sellers and public officials regarding such topics as relocation arrangements, compensation in lieu of property taxes, and pro-rated shares.
- Assists in the development of planning documents for new refuges or the expansion of existing refuges. Includes information that will support long and/or short range plans to establish new refuges in the United States.
- Maintains queries and reports from Realty's database of Realty Property Inventory of land improvements, structures, and fixtures. Ensures that all land records are maintained in the Land Record System (LRS).
- Works with other realty specialists, attorneys, title companies, taxing authorities and the Office of the Solicitor on title curative actions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592716200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.