You will serve as a HEALTH PHYSICIST in the Radiological Emergency Planning Division of the Radiological Control Office of PSNS and IMF.Learn more about this agency
- You will prepare credible radiological emergency accident drill scenarios for use in evaluating preparedness of the Shipyard response to reactor accidents and radiological emergencies.
- You will prepare technical and administrative procedures for Shipyard response to reactor accidents and radiological emergencies.
- You will develop plans to coordinate the Shipyard resources to limit personnel and environmental hazards and to minimize ship and facility damage resulting from a radiological accident.
- You will assist other Naval installations in the preparation of radiological emergency response plans or special projects as well as preparing and reviewing new regulatory documents or procedures for NAVSEA.
- You will stay abreast of latest requirement sand innovations in emergency planning by review of technical papers and regulatory requirements as well as attending seminars and training sessions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592702800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.