This position is located in the Beijing Bureau, East Asia and Pacific Division, Programming Directorate, Voice of America, U.S. Agency for Global Media. The Chinese Branch provides international broadcasting programs in the Mandarin language to the people of China and the Chinese speaking diaspora, emphasizing domestic and international news for geographically defined audiences, and covering developments specific to the target markets.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Under the supervision of the Chinese Branch Chief or their designated representative, the International Broadcaster provides original news reports, background reports, news analyses concerning news and developments in the targeted area and their relations with the United States.
- All items must be professionally and thoroughly conceived, researched, written, voiced, edited and transmitted for broadcast and digital publication.
- Selects program materials for appropriateness of content, balance, and targeted area of interest. Edits completed scripts to ensure accuracy of tone and balance.
- Participates in live programming through satellite, Facebook, Skype, Teradek of other
remote connections as a regional correspondent as assigned and directed by the ServiceChief or his/her representative.
- Serves as a Contract Officer. Manages the resources of the office and the funding forstaff necessary to accomplish objectives. Prepares budget projections and financialplanning, requests and allocates funds, oversees the lease and utilities payments,purchases equipment and miscellaneous items.
- Travels throughout the targeted area to provide coverage of regional and internationalconferences and to gain first-hand knowledge of political, economic, social andcultural trends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592677500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.