THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a ELECTRONICS MECHANIC (T32), Position Description Number D1025000 and is part of the AL FMS 28, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
ORGANIZATION: FMS #28, MOBILE, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: CW4 K. TRAWICK
**OPEN TO CURRENT FMS #28 EMPLOYEES ONLY**
AREA OF CONSIDERATION FOR ALABAMA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD POSITION:
AREA 1: All permanent Alabama Army National Guard civilian excepted technicians currently employed.
(1) Performs functional tests, analyzes performance and malfunctions, removes, installs, tests, maintains, modifies, performs alignments and troubleshoots the electronic, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic assemblies, modules, and interconnecting cables of a variety of combat and tactical equipment to include the M1 series main battle tank, M2/3 series Bradley fighting vehicle, Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS), TOW Missile System and the ATACMS Launch Loader Module (LLM). Utilizes Integrated Family Test Equipment (IFTE), Built In Test Equipment (BITE) and break out boxes (BOB) for fault isolation, verification, or adjustment of assemblies and modules.
(2) Troubleshoots and repairs launch pod/container (LP/C), trainer rocket simulator modules, Missiles/Launchers Pod Assembly (M/LPA), trainer missile simulator modules, and various like items. Troubleshoots carrier electrical and power distributions systems as an integrated subsystem of the weapon system or equipment being repaired. Isolates faulty assemblies, cables, wiring harnesses and modules to component level for repair or replacement.
(3) Performs field and limited sustainment maintenance to include installation, routine maintenance, repair, and overhaul of fixed and mobile operational communication and electronics systems, e.g., shelter mounted AM radio and teletype systems, shelter mounted single side band radio and teletype systems, shelter mounted radio relay and terminal systems, complex radar systems, interrogators, gun, rocket, and missile fire control, directional and digital computer systems, peripheral equipment, and related test equipment, and Modification Table Of Equipment (MTOE) authorized automation equipment. Repairs, aligns, and adjusts missile guidance control systems, infrared night vision sights, optical sights, and traversing units.
(4) Uses various types of test equipment to include systems test sets and stands such as AN/GRM-122s, frequency meters, standing wave indicators, oscillators, ohmmeters, voltmeters, resistance bridges, and signal generators to localize trouble by component unit, by circuit within a component, and by element of a circuit.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592667500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.