You will serve as the Chief Engineer for the AN/BYG-1 Combat System within the Combat Systems Acquisition Division of NAVUNSEAWARCENDIV NEWPORT RI.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the Warfare Centers Personnel Demonstration Project. The (ND-04) pay band encompasses positions equivalent to the (GS-12) and (GS-13). The (ND-05) pay band encompasses positions equivalent to the (GS-14) and (GS-15).
- You will be responsible for the technical execution of all AN/BYG-1 Combat System tasking.
- You will serve as the technical advisor and team leader for the execution for all AN/BYG-1 efforts for submarine products.
- You will provide technical expertise and leadership for all emerging issues and ensure the technical direction of the team is aligned with fleet needs, tasking and customer priorities.
- You will establish mission objectives, detailed requirements and determines the development approach.
- You will lead the resolution of any significant technical issues.
- You will provide technical direction to the Engineers and Product Leads through requirements, design, development, test, integration, installation using best practices.
- You will work in concert with the Code 25 BYG-1 Future Capabilities Lead System Engineer to develop engineering processes and solutions for transition of future capabilities into the USW Combat System.
- You will collaborate with the Technical Project Manager (TPM) to prepare proposals and budgets for new work or for reducing costs of current work.
- You will serve as a subject matter expert (SME) in AN/BYG-1, communicating the broad scope and complex nature of the program to personnel at all levels.
- You will prepare and present high-level briefings and reports on technical subjects related to systems engineering, engineering architectures and design concepts.
- You will provide oversight to ensure that engineering policies, instructions and practices are developed and consistently implemented.
- You will provide technical recommendations for new projects by evaluating the availability of skilled personnel, effects on current program milestones, and schedules in achieving project and sponsor goals.
- You will maintain cognizance of current technologies and strategies and provide advice and recommendations for long term plans and future development efforts.
- You will participate in the Departments Chief Engineer Community of Practice to ensure objectives of affordability and commonality are addressed and incorporated.
- You will promulgate technical lessons learned are developed and to the Department Chief Engineer as appropriate.
- You will prepare point papers on critical program issues as required.
- You will foster an effective relationship with the TPM to keep stakeholders apprised of potential technical problems or issues that might compromise their respective programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592666800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.