About the Position: Serve as District's lead mechanical engineer and technical specialist in mechanical design, with emphasis on specific mechanical/fire protection features, such as plumbing, fuel systems, specialized mechanical equipment, pumping stations, and communications systems.Learn more about this agency
This is an open-continuous announcement
**First cut off date is 01-MAR-2021.**
- Serve as the Districts mechanical engineering design and construction expert.
- Analyze and design the more sophisticated and technically challenging features of District projects.
- Review and has final approval authority over all mechanical engineering features of A-E designs reviewed by senior Mechanical Engineers within the District.
- Serve as first level reviewer of in-house designs prepared by senior Mechanical Engineers within the District.
- Review mechanical design features of proposed works, i.e., design instructions for military projects and various planning documents for civil works and WFO/SFO projects.
- Lead the architectural team and is responsible for coaching, facilitating and communicating team objectives, mission, goals, problems to be solved, milestones, techniques, and work methods.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592651400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.