The incumbent provides professional health physicist expertise and applies professional knowledge and competence in health physics for the purpose of assessing radiation exposure in the work environment.Learn more about this agency
- Provides comprehensive radiation exposure analysis to a large, identified and targeted population of exposed workers.
- Conducts technical evaluations to assess the measured radiation exposure for individual and groups of nuclear workers.
- Develops innovative radiation dose reconstruction techniques independently.
- Provides advice and assistance on radiation exposure assessment and radiation safety issues to a variety of audiences.
- Provides guidance and mentoring for lower level health physics staff (junior or entry level health physicist).
- Prepares written technical reports on radiation exposure findings for internal use and for publication in scientific peer review journals and present findings to professional scientific organizations.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 20% domestically for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592649600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.