The Bureau of Labor Statistics measures labor market activity, working conditions, price changes, and productivity in the U.S. economy to support public and private decision making.
This position is located within the Office of Field Operations, Division of National Compensation. This position is 100% telework. Final pay will be set based on location of selection.
This is an interdisciplinary position and may be filled as either an Economist or Statistician (Economics).Learn more about this agency
As an Economist/Statistician, you will be responsible for the following:
1. Reviewing and assessing technical procedures, operating instructions, forms, and other collection materials for the assigned survey program to assure that they meet requirements for timeliness, accuracy, efficiency, and operational feasibility.
2. Preparing analytic reports that accurately depict the status of field collection. Monitoring tools and reports address timeliness, survey response rates, efficiency, and data quality.
3. Maintaining technical and operational liaison between regional office management and the Washington project and program offices to ensure timeliness, accuracy, and efficiency of data collection programs.
4. Conducting interviews with the full range of companies to assist regional offices in meeting survey deadlines or to participate in the development of collection methodology.
5. Coordinates activities for the quality assurance, certification, and mentor programs to ensure the quality and accuracy of the collected data
6. Conducts training needs assessments to ensure that training meets the needs of the target audience. and utilizes standard evaluation techniques to evaluate the effectiveness of training.
7. Represents OFON on developmental teams in order to contribute to the accomplishment of program and organizational goals. Team objectives may include planning and production, development, and/or process improvements.
8. Advises senior management of the likely impact of program initiatives or complex technical matters with regard to data collection and training.
25% or less - Some travel may be required.
12 - This position is at the full performance level
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592638000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.