This position is part of the Office of the Secretary of Interior, IBC, HRD, POD, Debt Management Branch. The Debt Management Branch provides billing and collection activities associated with establishing and maintaining employee debt records, analyzing payroll records to determine debt validity and/or accuracy, performing debt collection activities, recording collections applicable to bill, reporting to client accounting offices, and communicating with client office personnel and debtors.Learn more about this agency
- Develops informal and formal procedures and processes, presents informal training, assists with the development of formal training, and updates Debt Management Handbook.
- Answers questions on specifics of debt computation from technicians and customers.
- Calculates, prepares, validates, and transmits reports of billing and collection activity to clients. Performs research to aid analysis of transactions to determine cause of erroneous billings, performs detailed audits of debt and collections.
- Utilizes both Payroll and accounting systems and explains transactions from source documents. Prepares and transmits transfer packages for employee who seperate or retire.
- Certifies refunds and pays daily transactions after necessary research to verify validity. Distributes and reviews team members' workload to assure timely processing; controls backlog, and meets established deadlines.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592637900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.