The USDA-AMS-Science and Technology Program (S&T)-Laboratory Approval and Testing Division (LATD)-National Science Laboratories (NSL) provide fee-for-service multidisciplinary analytical testing to a wide range of stakeholders. Working under the Laboratory Supervisor and Residue Section Team Leader, the incumbent serves as a Chemist responsible for performing chromatographic analysis of samples for chemical residues at NSL-Gastonia.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Performs routine sample preparation, sample analysis, and evaluations.
- Operates chromatographic instrumentation and detection systems along with other laboratory equipment and instrumentation to process samples for chemical residue analysis.
- Utilizes a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for sample login, sample results entry and sample report generation.
- Evaluates data for compliance to established acceptance criteria.
- Performs analyses and evaluates data in order to make decisions about the presence of chemical residues based on predetermined protocols.
- Prepares oral and written reports of findings, recommendations and proposed methodologies to both scientific and non-scientific recipients.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592587600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.