This position is in the Office of Information Security, Information Security Risk Management (ISRM) Directorate. The incumbent will supervise teams of subject-matter experts (SMEs) within VA's Office of Information and Technology and Program Analysts and Information Technology Specialists within the risk management realm and develop and/or analyze procedures and systems for identifying, assessing, validating, and reporting on the effectiveness of major cybersecurity risk management programs.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
- OPM Cyber Code - 612
- OPM Cyber Code - 461
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Is Available.
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval.
Virtual: This is a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory IT Specialist (INFOSEC)/PD17854A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required.
Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary during the planning/preparation phase. The work may require walking and standing for prolong periods in conjunction with travel and at the onsite assessment location. The incumbent may carry light items such as papers, books or computers, or drive a motor vehicle. The work does not require any special physical effort.
- Supports a comprehensive program of assessments designed to measure how well an Agency's information systems comply with legislative and federal government oversight as well as Agency policies, procedures, and practices.
- Ensures the Agency has effective information and risk management policies and to which these policies are strictly adhered.
- Works on and/or lead assessments, validations, audits, and other reviews.
- Develops IT procedures and systems for identifying, assessing, and reporting the effectiveness of major administrative and technical IT controls to designated facilities and Agency-wide information security risk management compliance programs.
- Performs formal assessments and compiles findings of assessments for incorporation into overall reports.
50% or less - Travel required up to 50% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592584800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.