This position is located in the Laboratory Quality Assurance Staff (LQAS) of the Office of Public Health Science (OPHS). The position reports to the LQAS Director and serves as team lead of the chemistry quality assurance program for the FSIS laboratory system.Learn more about this agency
- Leads a staff of scientists who support analytical chemistry quality assurance programs that ensure the reliability of analytical data generated by FSIS, Federal, State, and recognized laboratories.
- Provides support for Federal/state laboratory program method evaluations and audits.
- Provides budget and fiscal reports for programs administered by LQAS to the Director of the LQAS.
- Provides scientific expertise and leadership in the planning, development, and updating of analytical and quality standards and in the application of modern technologies assisting in implementation of science-based methods.
- Manages, controls and publishes documents that affect lab practices and quality assurance systems.
- Administers the FSIS Accredited Laboratory Program, to include providing proficiency testing, audits, and documentation and publishing of program requirements.
- Develops, plans, presents, and administers specialized training and qualification programs for chemical testing of meat, poultry, and egg products in FSIS and other labs.
- Provides leadership and technical expertise on validation of analytical methods, quality of laboratory data, lab quality systems, accreditation and internal audits for meat, poultry, and egg products.
- Leads regular laboratory system meetings to ensure uniform laboratory operations, share project updates, and develop project ideas.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592579600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.