This position is located on the Integrated Resources staff of the Mark Twain National Forest with a duty location in Rolla, MO.Learn more about this agency
This position is responsible for planning, coordinating, programming and directing all activities related to terrestrial wildlife and fishery resources.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Michael Joyce at 573-261-1573 or email@example.com.
- Provide program leadership for all terrestrial wildlife and fisheries (including threatened, endangered and sensitive species) resources and management activities on the unit.
- Provide advice to unit managers and their staffs on controversial issues and difficult problems involving terrestrial wildlife and fisheries (including threatened, endangered and sensitive species).
- Direct the collection and interpretation of terrestrial wildlife and fishery habitat data.
- Translate National and Regional policies and direction into unit level programs and guidance.
- Incorporate information from the Endangered Species Act and associated regulations, recovery plans, conservation strategies, management plans and habitat requirements into unit programs, plans, budgets and direction.
- Identify sensitive and controversial issues and management concerns to develop possible solutions or responses by incorporating legal and policy direction, standards and guidelines and current, applicable research, information and data.
- Coordinate with U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Tribal entities, special interest groups, other Federal and State agencies and academic institutions in administrative studies, inventories, monitoring, research and planning for habitat enhancement.
- Lead budget development and management to support attainment of wildlife and fisheries program objectives including the solicitation of grant and partnership opportunities.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for site visits, training and/or meetings may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592575300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.