Joining the Secret Service, Office of the Chief Information Officer will allow you to draw on your technological knowledge to assist in maintaining and modernizing the US Secret Service’s information technology (IT) and communications infrastructure, as well as enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of IT systems. The Student Trainee (IT Specialist) position starts at a salary of $49,157 (GS-07, step 1), with promotion potential to $78,167 (GS-09, step 10).Learn more about this agency
The selectee will serve as a Student Trainee (IT Specialist) in the Office of the Chief Information Officer. Typical work assignments include:
- Researching and implementing solutions to issues impacting the US Secret Service and assisting higher level IT Specialists with solving complex problems under the daily guidance of a mentor.
- Performing a variety of duties in IT Operations, Network Management, Governance & Accountability, or Information Assurance/Cybersecurity.
- Participating as part of a variety of project teams supporting various IT projects in a specific and predefined a role, as defined by the supervisor.
- Thoroughly using IT services and, under the daily guidance of a mentor, documenting problems impacting customers.
- Leveraging established problem resolution procedures and protocols to notify customers of problems impacting IT resources.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592566200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.