This position is located in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Pacific West Area (PWA), Western Human Nutrition Research Center, Immunity & Disease Prevention Unit, located in Davis, CA.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will focus on how specific foods (e.g., foods rich in fiber) or dietary patterns affect human health.
- Develop a research program focusing on the development and use of dietary intake analysis methods in studies to examine the effects of an individuals habitual dietary intake on health and the risk of disease.
- Collaborate with team members focusing on the effects of diet on the composition and activity of the intestinal microbiome, on intestinal health and on inflammation and immune function.
- Conduct collaborative human studies employing dietary intake analysis and other food-based approaches to characterize the effects of diet on the composition and metabolic activity of the intestinal microbiome, gut health and immune health.
- Incorporate and validate emerging technologies aimed at estimating dietary intake such as phone or tablet-based applications or other interactive tools.
- Represent ARS to the public, other federal and non-federal agencies, research partners and industry in the incumbent?s area of research expertise.
- Transfer technology through scholarly publications, patents and presentations to scientific and industry groups.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592549800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.