This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Development and Operations (DevOps), Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO), Enterprise Portfolio Management Division (EPMD). The Information Technology Specialist (Policy and Planning) is responsible for developing detailed plans, goals, and objectives for the long-range implementation and the administration of IT projects.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
NCWF Code: 802 - IT Project Manager.
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website (https://niccs.uscert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways).
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
Work Schedule: Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Is Available
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval
Virtual: This is not virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (Policy and Planning)/PD18089A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work may require some physical effort, such as standing, walking, bending, or sitting. The work often requires long hours to meet project deadlines and to devise corrective action and solutions to unexpected technical and/or management crises resulting in sometimes highly stressful work situations. The work requires almost constant use of a video display terminal.
- Serve as advisor on acquisition and plans, programs and budgetary matters.
- Develop, implements, and modified processes as required to meet mandates and mission requirements.
- Provide customers with consistent information related to established policies and procedures.
- Make recommendation for the improvement of the organizations effectiveness at all levels by utilizing analytical and evaluative methods, measuring and evaluating program accomplishments.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for extremely complex areas of portfolio management, and provides advisement to executive leadership, program managers, project managers and other staff.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25% of the time for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592546900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.