The FRTIB is looking for a highly qualified and motivated individual to serve as an Attorney-Adviser (General / Compliance).Learn more about this agency
This Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) may be used to fill other Attorney-Adviser (General / Compliance), GS-0905-12/13/14 positions within the FRTIB in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
The major duties of the position are:
- -Serves as legal counsel with responsibility for providing legal advice and counsel on various programs, issues, and associated legal matters.
- -Applies comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of agency programs and applicable laws, regulations, and administrative decisions.
- -Independently reviews policies, procedures, and decisions for compliance with law, regulations, agency policies and directives, and other legal precedents to ensure the interests of the TSP are protected.
- -Researches and interprets various legal sources, various laws, regulations, and policies to render formal and informal legal opinions on difficult legal and/or factual matters.
- -Compiles factual information from sources within assigned work assignment.
- -Analyzes problems and points of conflict in interpretation of law and procedures, and drafts provisions to overcome these difficulties.
- -Advises senior agency officials and staff on a broad range of legal issues in support of the programs and operations of the agency in administering the TSP.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592534500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.