These positions are located in the Health Resources and Services Administration, HIV/AIDS Bureau, Division of Policy and Data, Data Management and Analysis Branch. The duty location is in Rockville, MD.Learn more about this agency
Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during open and closing date of this announcement.
**Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services through this vacancy announcement.**
As a Health Statistician, you provide conceptual, programmatic, and technical guidance for the statistical analysis of Ryan White HIV/AIDS programs.
Your major duties and responsibilities
- Using statistical software (e.g., SAS, SPSS, etc.) and data management software (e.g. SQL, etc.) to manipulate, interpret, and analyze mid to large data sets.
- Advising all levels of staff on the development and implementation of data management plans including providing statistical consultation to support program analyses and program evaluations
- Designing and conducting statistical data management activities including data clean up and preparation of standard reports.
- Responding to statistical data requests from internal and external stakeholders.
- Serving as a project officer on contracts, cooperative agreements, and/or grants, monitoring projects, independently evaluating the project's effectiveness and efficiency in relation to goals and objectives, monitoring budgets, and identifying problems and making recommendations for their solution.
25% or less - Expected travel may be up to 25% for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592526400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.