The Supervisor, Chaplain Services for the New Mexico Veterans Affairs Health Care System is a part of the Associate Director of Patient Care Services and as such is under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of Patient Care Services. Most Chaplain services are usually provided in a medical facility structure. The CS provides pastoral counseling and treatment to Veteran patients, patient's families, and staff in various inpatient and outpatient settings.Learn more about this agency
Major Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as the Supervisory Chaplain professional providing comprehensive, religious ministry services to Veteran patients according to their specific needs and desires.
- Provides thorough guidance and advice to Chaplain Service management staff, other Chaplains, and other stakeholders.
- Develops local policy, productivity, and clinical practice standards.
- Manages a moderately complex to very complex chaplain service program with identified specialty chaplains working in (Hospice and Palliative Care, Suicide Prevention, Mental Health Residential and Outpatient programs, Substance Use Disorder Clinics, Cancer Treatment Clinics, Women's Health Clinics, Spinal Cord Injury Clinics, etc
- Develops one or more subprograms (training, research, community relationships, or religious education if in relationship to the intensive overall treatment program), to advance the religious program and the mission of the medical facility.
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, establishes and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592513600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.