This position is located in the USDAs Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO).Learn more about this agency
This announcement is issued under the direct-hire authority to recruit for positions for which there is a critical need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one-year probationary period. Category rating, veteran's preference and traditional rating and raking of applicants do not apply to this public notice.
- Coordinate with Cyber Defense Analysts to manage and administer the updating of rules and signatures (e.g., intrusion detection/protection systems, antivirus, and content blacklists) for specialized cyber defense applications.
- Perform system administration on specialized cyber defense applications and systems (e.g., antivirus, audit and remediation) or Virtual Private Network(VPN) devices, to include installation, configuration, maintenance, backup, and restoration.
- Build, install, configure, and test dedicated cyber defense hardware.
- Responsible for the cybersecurity of a program, organization, system, or enclave.
- Manage the monitoring of information security data sources to maintain organizational situational awareness.
- Collect and maintain data needed to meet system cybersecurity reporting.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592510200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.