This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Expert Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA Network Services BR/IT Services Section.
- Evaluate overall mid-tier computer and network server plans and proposals, researches current mid-tier and LAN technological developments.
- Plan and conducts analysis of existing or proposed systems, resolves critical problems and improves productivity by applying new technology.
- Act as Project Manager or Officer in planning advanced systems project(s) involving mid-tier and LAN distributed processing, minicomputers, microcomputers, and LAN servers.
- Develop hardware/software specifications and product evaluation criteria for use in system or equipment procurement.
- Responsible for providing overall system software and customer support.
- Conduct feasibility studies, perform economic analyses, and to make recommendations on modifications to server equipment/software and acquisition of new equipment and software.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592500100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.