This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Full Performance Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA OPC/Europe, Operations Division, Computer Network Def (IA/Cert) Branch (EU34),
- Assists in the organization, implementation, sustainment, lifecycle, and enterprise integration of Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) detection, alerting and analysis tools, systems, networks.
- Collaborates with Network Assurance analysts in the development of sensor signatures, to include the creation, testing, tuning, and implementation of signatures within intrusion detection systems.
- Applies an understanding of Computer Network Exploitation (CNE), Computer Network Attack (CNA), and associated tools, to obtain situational awareness of potential actors who might be targeting DoD.
- Assists in the planning and coordination of all phases of the acquisition, implementation, and integration of Cyber Security Service Provider CSSP/DCO information security assets.
- Participates in information exchanges with the Intelligence Community, DISA, USCYBERCOM, NSA, Military Services, DoD CIO, peer CND providers, and subscribers in the development of CND/Network Assurance information strategy and support.
- Prepares reports encompassing long and short range planning strategy recommendations, and presents briefings covering recommendations for acquisition or changes in business practices through enhanced IT use.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592492600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.