This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Office (CWMD), Systems Support Directorate, Test and Evaluation Division.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a IT Specialist on information systems security technology and procedures and monitoring of contract security requirements.
As a Information Technology Specialist GS 2210 12/13, your typical work assignments may include:
- Promotes IT security awareness information to user community by validating the user community is completing their annual training.
- Oversee and maintain regulatory requirements and reviews changes for security implications and security applications.
- Supports the Organization and follows a systematic methodology to assess, identify and demonstrate attack vectors and their impacts to provide risk mitigation/remediation strategies.
- Maintains knowledge of system architecture designs, current threats and methodologies and security requirements (e.g., National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Works closely with and in some cases oversees the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), and/or performs ISSO work when necessary and as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592485000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.