Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in Safford, Arizona. Information about Safford, Arizona and the surrounding area can be found at: https://www.cityofsafford.us/
We expect to fill 2 vacancies at this location; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
- Plans for and manages developed recreation sites and primitive wilderness facilities such as camp and picnic, winter sports, boating and swimming, trails, trailhead parking, etc.
- Conducts surveys, analyzing data, proposing, mapping, and laying out improvements in areas designated for recreation purposes; checking details of proposed site plans against broader management plans.
- Plans and oversees interpretive, environmental education programs and recreation special events. Coordinates special emphasis programs such as volunteers and partnerships.
- Oversees, inspects, and/or monitors compliance of recreation permits, including concessions. Processes special recreation permit applications. Confers with permittees and/or outfitter and guide permit holders to gain compliance.
- Oversees law enforcement responsibilities for the unit?s recreation activities. Coordinates with law enforcement on recreation site compliance issues.
- May serve as a contract inspector or Contracting Officer Representative (COR) for recreation oriented service and construction contracts such as toilet pumping, trails construction and maintenance, and assigned capital investment projects.
- Coordinates with engineers, landscape architects and other specialists to ensure adherence to site plans and designs.
- Prepares or assists in National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA) analysis and the preparation of environmental documents such as environmental assessments and impact statements.
- Considers and documents impact of proposed recreational activities and facilities on other resources such as soils, water, timber, range, cultural, viewshed, and wildlife.
- May serve as a team leader, or member, or participate in interdisciplinary teams for integrated resource planning.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592468400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.