This position is located within the Albuquerque Area Indian Health Service, reporting to the Executive Officer, Office of Operational Support. This position serves as a Health System Specialist, with primary responsibility for providing oversight to the day-to-day operations of the entire area-wide Third Party Billing and Collection System.Learn more about this agency
- Develop new program guidelines and policies related to Purchase Referred Care services.
- Provide direction in the use of alternate payment resources in conjunction with the provision of Purchased Referred Care such as Medicaid, Medicare, and Veteran Affairs, etc.
- Respond to all Purchased Referred Care congressional inquiries and requests for payment assistance made to the Area Director.
- Coordinate with Service Unit/Health Center professional and para-professional staff in the identification, development, and definition of contract requirements for physician, hospital, dental, lab, x-ray, and other health services.
- Consult with the Fiscal Intermediary staff to resolve issues concerning missing purchase orders, contracts or rate quote agreements, and claim payments to vendors.
- Develop, implement, and oversee Third Party Billing program principles, policies and procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592456000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.