THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (T32), Position Description Number D1525000 and is part of the AL 187TH Fighter Wing, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
ORGANIZATION: 187TH FW, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: CMSgt D. SHOWS
AREA OF CONSIDERATION FOR ALABAMA AIR NATIONAL GUARD:
AREA 1: All permanent Alabama Air National Guard civilian excepted technicians currently employed.
AREA 2: All drill status personnel in the Alabama Air National Guard.
AREA 3: All U.S. citizens or individuals eligible for membership in the Alabama Air National Guard.
(1) Directs, monitors or performs overall maintenance, servicing, inspections and documentation for one or more aircraft. Work is performed in complex working conditions under time and/or mission constraints to include all weather and night operations. Works with, coordinates and oversees the work of subordinate aircraft mechanics. Coordinates and oversees the work of journey level workers in other trades working simultaneously on the assigned aircraft. Reviews, trains and prepares to perform battle damage assessment/repair.
(2) Ensures aircraft documentation and Maintenance Information Systems (MIS) accurately reflect the airworthiness of the Aircraft. Provides technical guidance and assistance to flight crews regarding observed discrepancies and experienced in-flight characteristics and system malfunctions. Performs or assists in aircrew debriefing when required.
(3) Performs in-process and final inspection of aircraft and components undergoing repair, overhaul and/or modification to verify and certify by signature adherence to work techniques, procedures and quality standards established by applicable publications. Completed work is reviewed for adherence to maintenance policy independently to determine that the aircraft is prepared and safe for flight.
(4) Plans, develops and conducts training during the technician work week to a multi facet workforce comprised of from 3 to 8 assigned military positions. Training sessions are designed to provide instructions in techniques of repair and maintenance of aircraft and related equipment. Conducts and certifies Cross Utilization Training (CUT) of non WG-88XX series Aircraft Mechanics to meet mission requirements.
(5) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises and Operations Other Than War (OOTW).
(6) Complies with safety, fire, security, environmental and housekeeping regulations. Ensures that material and equipment are properly and safely protected and maintained.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592448200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.