This position is located in Washington, DC with the Office of Cybersecurity, Energy Security, and Emergency Response. A successful candidate in this position will provide independent expert reviews of contract and financial assistance work products to ensure that they comply with procurement laws, regulations, and policies before finalized.Learn more about this agency
As a Procurement Analyst, you will:
- Serve as a technical authority for DOE wide procurement issues; lead a team to analyze the implementation and effectiveness of DOE-wide procurement policies, standards and procedures.
- Provide authoritative advice and guidance to DOE procurement and program officials on cross-cutting procurement regulations or policy development.
- Formulate short- and long-range goals; submit procurement plans including proposed milestones, deadlines, and staff requirements; assess progress; and advise on needed adjustment. Identify risks and impediments to an effective procurement program and recommends solutions or adjustments.
- Lead/ direct procurement audits and analysis that involve research, development, initial production, product improvement and related support services contracts and equipment.
- Serve as COR for designated management support services contracts. Maintain a continuing awareness of the financial condition, expended hours, milestones, and deliverables for assigned contracts and keep program officials informed of contract commitments and expenditure status.
- Represent DOE on interagency committees responsible for developing Government wide approaches to acquisition issues or investigating acquisition related matters of interest to more than one agency.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592447900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.