What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
- GS-12: $77,901 (Step 01) to $103,875 (Step 10)
- GS-13: $95,012 (Step 01) to $123,516 (Step 10
The selectee will be entitled to a cost-of-living allowance of 4.42% in addition to the basic salary. Learn more about this agency
This is an interdisciplinary position and is being advertised concurrently with the following announcements:
Open to current or former Federal employees: USGS-DEN-21-11001554-ST-BWB
As a Research Ecologist/Fish Biologist (Assistant Unit Leader) within the Hawaii Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, some of your specific duties will include:
- Plans, conducts, and directs research related to wildlife or ecological resources, with application to contemporary science, policy and management needs.
- Conducts research that is cooperator driven and provides scientific basis for management and policy decisions.
- Serves as subject matter expert in fish and wildlife ecology, providing leadership and guidance to government and private agencies and university representatives through participation in meetings, conferences and work groups.
- Disseminate research results via final reports, peer reviewed print scientific journals, online scientific journals, books, book chapters or other outlets. Make presentations on findings to scientific and conservation organizations.
- Serves as graduate faculty member, contributing to both the research, graduate student mentorship, and teaching mission of the university.
- Operates a government vehicle as an incidental driver.
Desirable candidates will possess the following: 1) ability to build a program focused on applied research in fisheries while working with a diverse community of stakeholders; 2) experience with population modeling/stock assessment, fisheries analysis, management science, and human/social dimensions of fisheries; 3) strong analytical skills; and 4) experience designing, planning and conducting field research programs, and analyzing/synthesizing results from field research
25% or less - You may be expected to travel an average of 5 nights per month for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592392800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.