Learn more about this agency
Please read the entire announcement and all the instructions before you begin an application.
For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorneys' Offices, visit http://www.justice.gov/usao/.
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
This position is also being announced to applicants eligible to apply through Merit Staffing procedures under 21-NYW-11032255-MS
The salary range for a GS-5 is $36558-$47527; for a GS-6 is $40751-$52976; for a GS-7 is $45284-58872. Each grade has 10 step rates (steps 1-10). GS employees are usually hired at step one of the applicable GS grade level at which the applicant qualified.
At the full performance level, you will support Assistant United States Attorneys (AUSA) by providing a variety of legal assistance and office support services. If selected, you will receive formal and/or on-the-job training as needed. Duties include:
- examining, preparing and processing a variety of technical legal documents, e.g., complaints, motions, orders, answers, pleadings, subpoenas, and libels;
- proofreading and cite checking legal briefs, memoranda, and other legal documents;
- providing assistance to attorneys in trial preparation by conducting non-complex research of litigation, statutes, regulations and court cases;
- assembling exhibits, affidavits, and other legal documents;
- assembling and organizing files and records material for disposition or transfer to records depository;
- maintaining calendar of assigned active cases;
- tracking filing, hearing, and trials dates, and scheduling conference and interviews;
- arranging travel by preparing itinerary and securing transportation and hotel reservations;
- producing a variety of written documents and materials using a wide range of office software applications.
Occasional travel - To the Rochester, NY Branch Office; to Columbia, SC for training.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592388700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.