Come work for the USPTO, we have been ranked as one of the best places to work in the federal government! The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 200 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. The USPTO is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has over 12,000 employees. For more information about the USPTO, please visit the USPTO Jobs Website.Learn more about this agency
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is the principal advisor to the Under Secretary and Director on the application of information technology (IT) to support and improve the Agency’s business processes. The CIO directs the development, implementation, maintenance, enhancement, and operation of the USPTO automated information systems and the development of supporting strategic and operational plans; manages the USPTO computer facilities, equipment, and telecommunications network; manages development, maintenance, and dissemination of patent and trademark information to the public; serves as the Agency’s Senior Information Technology (IT) official, and provides administrative and policy direction to the organizational elements reporting to the Chief Information Officer.
The Office of Information Management Services (OIMS) delivers quality information products and services to meet the needs of the agency, public, and the intellectual property community in general. The Office provides access to collections of patents, trademarks, and related information through multiple access mediums; and promotes dissemination of information to the public on the use of patent and trademark information systems.
The Client Software Services Division (CSSD) administers and maintains the Enterprise software deployment application. Receive Deployment orders and schedules software deployments to USPTO production workstations. Tracks software deployments. Downloads and submits for testing monthly Microsoft and Adobe patches. Create, update, and maintain the Production workstation images utilized by USPTO. Maintains in proper working order all software distribution points including remote sites. Build reporting, as required, on software deployments, software assets and hardware assets.
As the IT Specialist (CUSTSPT) you will:
- Serve as a senior technical expert for assigned IT software and/or hardware related to data processing and/or IT technology.
- Analyze and solves a wide range of operational and support problems to meet customer requirements.
- Oversee the software implementation life cycle.
- Coordinate work with software technical teams and outside vendors on the design, updates development, testing, and implementation of new software products.
- Improve efficiencies and reduces costs with intelligent software management and delivery processes and tools.
- Advise managers, customers and Branch staff on software and/or hardware needs, on new technology, and recommends modifications to current software and/or hardware.
- Represent higher level officials on teams, committees, etc., with a variety of contractors, other government officials, and external customers.
- Provide guidance and assistance to co-workers or subordinate IT staff.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592387500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.