This announcement is non-bargaining and may close early once an adequate pool of 50 eligible applicants is reached.Learn more about this agency
This position, Supervisory IT Specialist (Network) is located in the Network Operations and Office of Information and Technology (OIT). The incumbent serves as the Primary Technical Analyst responsible for providing subject matter expertise to the full range of duties associated with one or more IT specialty areas required to support: Campus Networking.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
OPM Cyber Code - 441 - Network Operations Specialist
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available upon Supervisory approval
Virtual: This is a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory IT Specialist (Network)/ PD10094ARelocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and to attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site.
- Documents statistics on information assets and maintains information flow and asset prioritizing documents and maintains asset dependencies and contingency deficiencies; develops technology assessments, as well as critical asset protection implementation plans; and implements critical information protection training awareness programs.
- Provides supervision and direction to assigned staff on the traditional networking environment throughout IO.
- Responds to after-hours pages, alerts and phone calls indicating voice system performance outside established thresholds, and work to rectify the situation until complete or positive handoff has occurred with other technicians as appropriate.
- Directs and assigns special projects and studies to subordinates based on priorities and the ability of the assignees.
- Manages, implementation, evaluation and continuous improvement of processes and technology in accordance with management priorities and objectives.
Supervisory Probationary Period: Applicants selected for this position may be required to serve a one-year probationary period period. Failure to successfully complete the supervisory probationary period will result in the employee being reassigned to a position in the agency of no lower grade and pay than the one the employee left to accept the supervisory or managerial position.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for up to 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592369700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.